Here are the rules regarding making comments on WIndog's site
The comments you post can be seen by everyone who visits WINDOG’s Facebook page and/or website. Comments are moderated and approved before being published.
You are required to provide your name and email address when submitting a comment and your name will automatically appear alongside your comment. WINDOG does not accept anonymous comments and will not publish your comment unless we can verify your identity.
Adopting the identity of another person with the intention to mislead or cause harm is a serious violation. Anyone who misrepresents their identity will be banned from the site.
By submitting your comments, you grant WINDOG the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free.
Guidelines for comments:
- You participate at your own risk and take personal responsibility for your comments, your username and the information you provide.
- Keep your content relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting. Repetitive comments are considered spam and will be deleted.
- Keep your language civil and your tone family-friendly. If you wouldn’t say it in front of your mother, we probably won’t allow it. Be respectful and courteous.
- Respect the privacy of others by not including personal information in your comments (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Don’t use ALL CAPS. It’s considered shouting.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty.
- WINDOG will publish comments that criticize actions or opinions of the subjects of our stories or those of other commenters, but will not publish comments that attack individuals personally. No name-calling or uncivil behaviour. Debate is welcome, schoolyard taunts are not.
- WINDOG will not publish content that is deemed offensive or that is likely to expose an individual or a group to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability.
- WINDOG will not publish comments that contain pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content.
- WINDOG will not publish graphic or inappropriate subject matter, including “dog-whistle” racism and obscene words with letters substituted to avoid filters.
- WINDOG will not publish comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity. This includes comments that suggest, incite or endorse violence in any way, including vigilante justice.
- WINDOG will not publish abusive comments, threats or harassment.
- WINDOG will not publish personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements.
- If you submit comments that break these rules, WINDOG may block or ban you. We do not inform commenters if they are blocked or banned.