Social Media links for Candidate
Links to Candidates Website and Email
About the Candidate
WINDOG considers Umar Hayat to be 'dog-unfriendly'. He did not wish to share his views on off-leash dog parks with voters.
Platform: Hayat wants to make Winnipeg environmentally friendly, administratively transparent and economically viable city. His vision is to make Winnipeg a thriving and vibrant city through poverty alleviation by using sustainable economic development, community engagement initiatives, and progressive tax policies. He would improve living standards by providing affordable housing, transit subsidies, educational reforms, and crime reduction in the city.
Hayat’s 20-point platform is based on:
• keeping Portage and Main closed
• 24/7 construction in commercial zones
• providing one-hour free parking in cancer care, emergency, urgent care zones
• reducing bus fare and improving/enhanced the transit app
• improving 311 service
• tackling what Hayat calls the highest police budget in Canada
• ending rapid transit
• purchasing articulated buses
• promoting community policing
• transferring ambulance services to the Government of Manitoba
• abolishing the Executive Policy Committee
• improving snow removal for seniors’ sidewalks
• managing the City’s labour costs
• reducing Winnipeg Art Gallery funding
• selling 49% stakes of Winnipeg golf courses.
• allocating $150k to the Bear Clan Patrol
• establishing regional recycling depots and one for electronics.
• establishing a downtown grocery store
• lowering the cost of a senior’s bus pass
• reducing mental health illness and thereby reducing poverty, crime and homelessness
For more information to Umar Hayat’s platforms and Hayat’s Portage and Main Go Fund Me campaign, follow the link to his website.Hayat is a new candidate. He describes himself as an entrepreneur, real estate investor and a stock trader.